HERE WE GO:
10. Inviting friends and family to my shows knowing full well they’ve heard my jokes over 100 times.
9. I look fat on stage.
8. I hate making eye contact with the only person in the audience that is NOT laughing.
7. The comics going on after me will be 10 times funnier than me.
6. I’ll be trying a new joke that will be met with 9/11 type silence.
5. People will laugh at the set up to a joke and go completely silent at the actual punchline.
4. Sometimes I spit when I talk and I can see my spit in the spotlight as it hits an audience member in the front row.
3. I have to force a smile even though my set is tanking.
2. I’m funnier in my head.
AND THE #1 REASON I HATE DOING STAND UP COMEDY…
1. At the end of the show, audience members ask me if they can take a photo with all the comedians… Then they ask me to take the photo.
Readers and fellow bloggers, feel free to add to the list, whether you’re a stand up comic or not! I would love to read your take on it!